What is the cloud and cloud accounting ?
Cloud or online accounting simply means your data is stored in a secure data centre and is accessed from and application on the internet via a Mac, PC, tablet or smartphone. This means no software installation is required and the data can be accessed by both yourself and your accountant from any location.
Is it secure ?
The cloud is one of the most secure ways to store information. For example, using cloud software, if your laptop is stolen, no one can access your data unless they have a login to the online account. With cloud software, this is where the data lives – as opposed to on your hard drive.
In the event of a natural disaster or fire, being in the cloud means business productivity doesn’t need to be affected because there’s no downtime. All of your information is safely and securely stored off site. As long as you have access to any computer or mobile device connected to the internet, you’re back up and running.
Cloud-based software companies ensure that the security and privacy of data about you and your organisation is always airtight. If you use online banking, then you’re already primed to use cloud accounting.
How does it benefit me ?
- There are many benefits to working with online software, here are just 5.
- Please contact us to discuss your individual circumstances and how it can benefit you further.
- You have a clear overview of your current financial position, in real-time.
- Multi-user access makes it easy to collaborate online with your team
- Worry-free maintenance means you can spend more time doing what you are good at.
- Everything is run online, so there’s nothing to install and everything is backed up automatically. Updates are free and instantly available.
- Upfront business costs are reduced – version upgrades, maintenance, system administration costs and server failures are no longer issues. Instead, they are managed by the cloud service provider.
How do I get started ?
Whether you are a business or contractor, simply contact through our online form or by telephone. After an initial consultation we will set up your free trial on the most appropriate software for you.
Do I qualify for the contractor package ?
Our contractor package is aimed at an individual, contracting through a limited company, with a limited number of transactions per month. If you are unsure if you meet this, please contact us to discuss further.
Is there a minimum contract period ?
With our packages there is no minimum contract but if you join us through the year and your final accounts are due we will initially charge a fee to prepare and file them before reverting to the standard monthly package.
FAQ didn’t answer your question ?
Please send us a message.